What are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”).
Both websites and HTML emails may also contain other tracking technologies such as “web beacons” or “pixels.” These are typically small transparent images that provide us with statistics, for similar purposes as cookies. They are often used in conjunction with cookies, though they are not stored on your computer in the same way as cookies. As a result, if you disable cookies, web beacons may still load, but their functionality will be restricted.
Flash cookies, also known as local shared objects, are designed to support browser content supported by Adobe® Flash. They are usually used to enable ads and video content on websites. Like other cookies, they will store information on your device, some of which will be specific to the Flash-enabled content. Flash cookies can only be deleted within Adobe Flash rather than via your browser. Please refer to the following help page for information on how to manage your privacy settings and deletion of Flash cookies: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html.
Where We Place Cookies
We set cookies in a number of different locations on our website.
Types of Cookies
The bullet points below outline the types of cookies we use on our Services and why we use them. We also provide explanations of their purpose(s).
- Strictly Necessary. These cookies are essential for our Services to perform their basic functions. These include cookies that are required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions, as well as to save the contents of virtual “carts” for e-commerce functionality.
- Analytics and Performance. Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our Services, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We use these details to improve how our Services function and to understand how users interact with our Services.
- Functionality. These cookies are used to store preferences set by users such as account name, language, and location.
- Security. We use these cookies to help identify and prevent potential security risks.
- Third Party / Embedded Content. Services hosted by us make use of different third party applications and services to enhance the experience of Service visitors. These include social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter (through the use of sharing buttons). As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties, and used by them to track your online activity. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
If you disable cookies, please be aware that some of the features of our Services may not function correctly.
For more details on your choices regarding use of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising you may visit the following sites:
On a mobile device, you may also be to adjust your settings to limit ad tracking.
You can opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
Do Not Track Signals
Generally, we do not currently respond to, or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about an individual’s online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. However, in some instances our third party service providers who integrate within our Services do honor Do Not Track signals.
Consent for Advertising Cookies on Our Sites
You may see a “cookie banner” on our websites. If you are visiting one of our Services from the EU/EEA, then we do not set, or allow our ad partners to set, cookies that are used to show you targeted ads before you click to accept. When you consent in this manner, we and our advertising partners may set advertising cookies on the site or other Service you are visiting and on other of our websites, dashboards, and services. We’ll display the banner to you periodically, just in case you change your mind.